入手ThinkPad T61已经有三个多月了,一直用的不错,今天在网上看到有ThinkPad T61带1394口型号的新版BIOS发布.仔细看了一下他们的发布文档,发现有很多的修正比如:STAT AHCI下的硬盘速度,休眠、待机后假死等问题.另外听说还可以改善在虚拟机环境下(如:Virturl PC)的响应速度, 建议建议ThinkPad T61 朋友升级至新版BIOS.
Version 7KET56WW (1.26-1.06)
- (New) (Intel video models only) A design change that the screen is set to extended desktop mode with an external display and "When I close the lid of my portable computer" option in the power option is set to "Do nothing", and when the lid is closed;
- (Old) The extended display mode is canceled and video output is switched to the external display only, so icons on the desktop will be moved.
- (New) The extended display mode is kept and video output is not switched, so icons on the desktop are not moved.
- (New) Function enhancement of capturing the BIOS configuration information on the computer by BIOS Settings Capture/Playback Utility.
- (Fix) The data transfer rate of hard drive is slow in SATA AHCI mode.
- (Fix) The computer may hang at the power-on if device configuration is changed in the BIOS Setup immediately after resuming normal operation from hibernation mode.
- (Fix) An error may occur at the power-on after ThinkPad BIOS Settings for Windows runs and then the computer goes into hibernation mode.
- (Fix) WMIMGMT.MSC fails to read properties on Windows 2000.
- (Fix) (ThinkPad T61/T61p only) Volume and mute buttons on the keyboard do not work on Linux.
- (Fix) (ThinkPad R61 only) Removed Intel AMT menu from the BIOS Setup: The Intel AMT menu is shown in the BIOS Setup on some models although the Intel AMT feature is not supported.
我下载的是BIOS Update Utility进行(下载地址:ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/7luj09us.exe)升级的,升级方法如下:
- Remove the Power-on password prior to updating the BIOS in RDM (Remote Deployment Manager) environment or similar environment.
- You need an AC adapter and a charged battery pack to update the BIOS.
- If your computer is attached to any kind of docking station or port replicator, turn off the computer and detach it before proceeding.
- If a USB Diskette Drive is attached to your computer, turn off the computer and detach it before proceeding.
- Print these instructions or display on another computer.
- Firmly connect the AC adapter to the computer.
- Start Windows Vista, XP, or 2000 and logon with administrative privileges on the target computer.
- Save this package onto the hard drive.
The default location is C:\DRIVERS\FLASH\7lujxxus
- For Windows Vista, click Start, select All Programs, select Accessories, then click Run...
For Windows XP, 2000, click Start, then click Run...
- Specify a WINUPTP.EXE with the full path name where you extracted the package
(Example: C:\DRIVERS\FLASH\7lujxxus\WINUPTP.EXE) and then click OK.
For unattended update, specify the file name with options "-s". (Example: C:\DRIVERS\FLASH\7lujxxus\WINUPTP.EXE -s) The BIOS is updated without any user interaction.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Select Update ThinkPad BIOS and follow the instructions on the screen.
Do not turn off or suspend the system until the update has been completed. If you turn off or suspend the system while the update is still in progress, the system board may have to be replaced.
After the update has been completed, the program shows a message "Flash Update has been successfully completed..."
Do the following to make sure the BIOS is updated correctly.
- Turn off the system.
- Turn on the system.
- While the To interrupt normal startup, press the blue ThinkVantage button message is displayed at the lower-left of the screen, press the F1 key.
- The BIOS Setup Utility menu will be displayed. If a password prompt appears, type the correct password.
- Verify the BIOS version and date.
- Turn off the system.